Who is the Soulcare Anchoress?
I love Jesus and find great joy encouraging others in their spiritual journey by helping them meet with God and experience His presence and activity with them, so that they might be empowered by God to impact their families, communities and world.
I live out my life purpose by administering God’s grace through encouragement and instruction. By God’s grace, I have served the world by ministering in Guatemala, Korea, Mexico, Honduras, Australia, and the US. I facilitate spiritual retreats, speak to groups about soul care and Christian spiritual formation, lead bible studies, and regularly meet with sojourners one on one, pointing them to Jesus. Also, as an educator, I write Sunday School, VBS and adult curriculums as well as offer supervision for those growing in the ministry of soul care and spiritual direction.
Providing soul care and spiritual direction for local Christian schools, churches and followers of Christ in the greater community, fill my days. My passion is to help others attune to God’s activity in their life and lean into His movements. I received two degrees (B.A. and M.A.) from BIOLA University in Education and Intercultural Studies, with a Cross-cultural Education focus. I also earned a Certificate in Christian Spiritual Formation and Soul Care from Denver Seminary in 2009 and have been providing soul care and spiritual direction since that time.
My husband and I were married in 1992. Our son Sammy married Emily in October 2019 and they both serve on staff at the Bridge Church at Bear Creak. They have two sweet and energetic dogs, we lovingly call our grand puppies. Sophie, our daughter married Peter Gomez on January 20, 2020. They both work full time in the community and are pursuing their masters degrees at BIOLA University online.
Littleton, Colorado is home, where I enjoy reading, serving on the women’s leadership team at The Bridge, and enjoy coffee and walks with friends. Gary and I like to play games, watch movies, and take morning and evening walks with our German Shorthair Pointer, Joy St. Clare.
Fun Facts about Jenni:
- As a spiritual director, I have the privilege of supporting and encouraging others attune to God’s activity in their lives.
- By providing soul care to teachers at Front Range Christian School, I support and spur on those pouring heavily into the growth of children.
- Meeting with ministry leaders, I encourage intentional planning and activity toward the spiritual investment in themselves and their community.
- By speaking and planning spiritual retreats for groups, I help others slow down, meet with God, receive from Him, and minister from a place of refreshment and abundance.
- By God’s grace, I am a cancer survivor and enjoy each day as a gift from God.